We recently rolled out an enhancement to the search function on the Coupon page. You are now able to search not only for Primary codes but also additional codes (also known as subcodes or nested codes).
This feature will be especially useful to merchants who make use of the bulk coupon upload function.
Looking to create a large batch of custom coupon codes with each code eligible for only one subscriber?
Some common scenarios where you might want to do this include:
- Sending a marketing campaign to current subscribers offering a discount on their subscription to incentivize retention
- Sending recently cancelled subscribers a unique code to bring them back to your subscription
- Setting up code codes for 'Daily Deal' sites (i.e., Groupon, Living Social, etc.)
Cratejoy makes it easy for you to get your bulk/batch coupon codes up and running.
Step 1: Create a bulk list of coupon codes
- First, create a list of all the coupon codes you would like to use.
- An easy way to do this is to use a random code generator like this one.
- Hold on to these codes, you are going to need them when we get to Step 5.
Step 2: Navigate to the 'Coupons' page
From the merchant portal, choose Coupons from the navigation menu.
Step 3: Create a 'New Coupon'
Click on the green 'New Coupon' button.
Step 4: Enter Basic Coupon Information
Type the following information directly into the text entry fields.
- Coupon Name: A name for this coupon that you can reference
- Coupon Code: This is the code that a customer will enter when redeeming their coupon
- Description: The information here is for you only, and is not available to customers
- If you would like your customers to begin using this coupon immediately, make sure the Availability checkbox is checked.
Step 5: Add your generated coupon codes
Click on the 'Manage Additional Codes' Button to the right of the 'Coupon Code' field.
- Grab the coupon codes you created in Step 1.
- Copy the codes and paste them into the field that says 'Enter new code(s). Press Enter when finished.'
Step 5a: After pasting your codes, press 'Enter'
- Press 'Enter' on your keyboard, and you will see the codes added to a list.
- After you see the codes, be sure to press the green 'Save Codes' button.
Our bulk uploader will handle uploading approximately 500 codes at a time. If you are looking to upload more than 500 codes, you will need to repeat Step 5a in multiples of 500.
There is no limit to the amount of codes you can have on your store; just a limit to how many you can upload at one time.
Step 6: Select Relevant Coupon Options
After creating the bulk coupon codes, you will want to select the appropriate options so that your coupon code applies the discount you specify.
If you need a refresher on what all the coupon code options mean, and how they apply, visit the Coupon Code Help Page for a detailed look into how the various coupon options function.
Step 6a: Set 'Max Redemptions' to '1'
Navigate to the 'Limitations' tab in the 'Options' section
- Ensure Max Redemptions are set to 1
- This will limit each code to only be used once
Step 7: Save your codes
Make sure to press the green 'Save' Button before leaving the page. This will ensure that your coupon code is saved and ready to be shared with your customers!